Sunday, March 28, 2010

Visit to Badhave and Gurana Villages

When I visited Badhave and Gurana Villages with Naipal Tomar on March 2, 2008 my camera was not working. I should have re-charged the batteries before I set out but I forgot. Unfortunately the batteries I bought in the bazaar were of poor quality had only enough charge for the five photos at Badhave that accompanied my earlier blog. Fortunately, Naipal took several photos both in Badhave and in Gurana - his home village. Recently he provided copies for me.

The highlight of my visit to Gurana Village was meeting Naipal’s mother who was approaching her 100th birthday. The actual date was somewhat in doubt as it was not the practice in those days to register births with civil authorities. When I was there in 2008 we estimated that her age was between 98 and 102. As she is still alive today (2010) there is no longer any doubt that she is truly 100 years old. The pictures give a good account of my visit.

ooooooooooooo














No comments: